Saturday 13 August 2011

Wood Sandpipers, Little Stint, Sandwich Tern, Dunlin. BHM.

After work today I went to Black Hole Marsh for a couple of hours and saw quite a lot! There were 2 Wood Sands present for most of the time I was there, although they were pretty distant (appear in pics later). These were the first I've ever seen so the visit was worthwhile just for this. However, there was also a Little Stint there (even further away, a good couple hundred yards), another first sighting for me. There were plenty of Dunlin and Little Ringed Plovers as per the current norm.
In the week (maybe thursday??) I was out on a bike ride around Seaton in the evening and saw a Hobby fly very low overhead, and abnormally slowly. This was on the stretch of road by the cemetry/wetlands car park. Only the second Hobby I've seen in Devon.
Here are a few pics from today's effort; not particularly good as the sun hid for most of the time, and the birds were too distant for my camera gear!

Little Stint

Little Stint




Dunlin


Sandwich Tern

Wood Sandpiper landing

2 Wood Sandpipers

Wood Sandpiper preening



Wood Sandpiper stretching after a preen

2 Wood Sandpipers
2 Wood Sandpipers. Both in focus ;-)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment