Thursday 27 September 2012

Axe- Peregrine, 2 Ruff, 2 Wood Sandpiper & Barwit

Tuesday:
As I had the day off, I took advantage of the pleasant weather in the morning and had another look for the Marsh Harrier which was showing well in the afternoon of the previous day. No luck. Steve said there was a Ruff and 2 Wood Sands up close opposite Axmouth FC. When I got there they were all pretty distant but another Ruff and joined them. There was also a Peregrine in the same field, a couple hundred metres away. It was on a kill which I was able to identify as a Pigeon when I saw the Peregrine fly off with it. There was also a Greenshank and a Bar Tailed Godwit on the estuary, showing near to Coronation Corner. Here's a few pics from the morning; all of them either quite distant, or VERY distant:



No comments:

Post a Comment