Saturday 1 September 2012

Lots of pics: Little Stint, and another Turnstone at BHM (plus more)!

Firstly for a shot of some Yellow Wagtails from last night. There were 6 in total. These 3 posed together briefly (distant and pretty dark conditions):















After work today I visited Black Hole Marsh and got some shots of Ringed Plover in some sun (for a change):




















There was also a distant Lapwing:





















A very distant Little Stint (pretty late and dark by this point):















And then at around 8pm, I saw a couple of birds fly in, one of which was a juvenile Turnstone. Only my 2nd that I've seen on patch, although this one was a self-discovery so it's a little more satisfying!















Once it was too dark to see any birds on the marsh, I left and just had to take a pic of the moon... It was looking quite striking:

No comments:

Post a Comment