Sunday 21 October 2012

Not a bad day of birding, and mothing (Hummingbird Hawk-moth)

Today was my completely free day (get one every 2-3 months due to work). I spent most of it out with the camera hoping to see something worth snapping. I started by walking a fair way up the River Coly but there wasn't much around. The best was a Buzzard and a Jay:


















I headed out again in the afternoon and saw this Hummingbird Hawk-moth in the garden. I managed to get a few poor quality shots (it was only present for about 8 seconds and was struggling to fly in a stable manner due to the wind). This is the first one I've seen here since 2010!

















I then spent the afternoon in Tower Hide; pics (lovely male Kingfisher, and many Little Grebes) to follow in my next post if/when I get time!

No comments:

Post a Comment