Thursday 28 March 2013

River Axe- Marsh Harrier. Osprey. 23 Little Ringed Plovers.

Needless to say I missed all of the species mentioned in the post title due to work. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I headed out as soon as I finished work but the Osprey had gone and the Marsh Harrier hadn't been seen for about an hour. I then got a text from Steve saying that Ian (W) had 23 LRPs on Coly Common! Blimey! I quickly motorbiked over and when I arrived, Ian dealt me the news that 21 of the 23 had just flown off. Absolutely... Terrific...
On the plus side, I did see my first Stonechat and Wheatear of the year. There were approx 10 Wheatear around the path leading to the Colyford Hide (mostly male). With the following pics, please be aware that they were taken at annoyingly long distance (30m?) and it was gone 18:00 so light was... not good (bloody awful). The other pics of Chiffchaff, Red Breasted Merganser, Black Tailed Godwit and Green Sandpiper were all taken after work yesterday.
Bank holiday tomorrow so I'll spend as much of it out with the camera as I can! Although I haven't got a totally free day, unfortunately. Alarm is set for 06:00 so fingers crossed it's worth the effort and discomfort...



Mega distant!




No comments:

Post a Comment