Tuesday 13 August 2013

Sandpipers galore! Wood Sand up close pics...

I headed over to Black Hole Marsh after work and met Sue who was just leaving... never a good sign! She said that a group of Dunlin, Ringed Plover and the Wood Sand had been showing well and pretty close but had now moved away. I had planned on going after the Tufted Duck which has been on patch lately but I relocated the Wood Sand and waited, waited, waited... eventually it came close enough to Island Hide to warrant taking my camera out of it's case. Unfortunately this was at 8pm so the light was ATROCIOUS. Only plus side of taking pics after sunset is that the water can look relatively still, although this only really helped a couple of the pics. It's a shame I wasn't there with Sue when the conditions were more conducive of nice photos. There was also a Greenshank which remained distant as per usual this year. It seems as though all photographers have been struggling with Greenshank pics so I'll put some up anyway despite being a bit ropey. I also snapped an angry Lapwing. Hopefully I'll get out of bed early enough to check out the marsh before work tomorrow morning; the water levels are just perfect for wading birds at the moment. Roll on something mega rare...

Very smart Greenshank. Shame it was so distant.

And again.

Lapwing

And a few dusk/night pics of the Wood Sandpiper:








No comments:

Post a Comment