Wednesday 12 February 2014

Kumlien's Gull River Axe !!

I was glad to receive a message from Steve Waite this morning saying that the Kumlien's was back in front of the tram sheds. I managed to escape work for a couple of hours (will pay for it this evening) and saw the gull, but the views were, ermmm... not good. It was sitting quite settled on the opposite side of the river with no way of getting close, aside from that it was pissing it down and really blowy; hand-holding the camera in my car was significantly more stable than using a top-of-the-range tripod outside of the car. Hopefully it'll hang on for a good few days (being very optimistic here...) so I might get a better opportunity for photos. Here's what I did manage, see Karen's blog for some shots whilst the bird was closer and performing in MUCH more favourable weather conditions:







4 comments:

  1. Glad you caught up with it Tim. I can't argue about the weather conditions but the bird wasn't actually ANY closer yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, especially now that it wasn't seen this afternoon!
      Really? Opposite side of the estuary today maybe 200 metres?

      Delete
  2. Yes, really. I saw it today and yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough. Other people reported it being photographed closer in that's all ;)

      Delete