Thursday 22 May 2014

Superb Spring breeders in Colyton

Apologies for my lack of posting recently; my work schedule is pretty horrific at the moment (up to 20 hours/day, over 100 hours/week).

I have managed to get up early and spend a couple of hours out with the camera before starting work on a couple of days this week; the Great Spotted Woodpecker family have been performing well with both adult birds feeding the nest regularly. I did also have an evening trip to the site in the week and unexpectedly found a Tawny Owl nest site too; a parent owl flying to the nest with a (very!!) large catch resulted in a lot of noise and excitement from the owlets and this gave the location away. I've seen at least four fledglings so far, all looking lovely and healthy.

Here's a snap of the adult male G.S.Woody. There are many more images to come; I'm doing a project on them with a certain shot or two in mind...


A slightly closer crop...

And a closer crop still!

No comments:

Post a Comment