Sunday 1 June 2014

5 Bee-Eater at Axe Cliff & Whiskered Tern pics

Bee-Eater is one of those birds that I've always wanted to see but never had up until today. I tend to like birds with an exotic type aesthetic and this species certainly has that. This is one of those rare occasions where I'll post some TERRIBLE pics; I'm just glad to have seen a Bee-Eater (and the other four)! Head over to Karen's blog for some decent pics; she was simply in the right place at the right time. Well done Karen! The birds were a good couple hundred yards away for my pics; I got perhaps 10 seconds of viewing before they flew off, not to be seen locally again.



3 of the 5 European Bee-Eater

Now for some more pics of the Whiskered Tern where it was me who was fortunate to be in the right place in the right time. It put on a brief but fantastic show:







I have more photos of the Ross's Gull to post when I've sorted through them...

No comments:

Post a Comment