Sunday 11 January 2015

Some lovely Tits!! (Penduline, obviously)

With some good pics of the RSPB Darts Farm Penduline Tits emerging on the internet over the last couple of days, I thought I'd better make an effort to go and see them myself. My plan was to go to Darts Farm, see the Tits, take some recognisable photos then head back and get the Great Grey Shrike at Aylesbeare Common on the way home. There were no reports of the GGShrike at all today, but the first half of my plan was rather more successful. Three Penduline Tits were showing well upon my arrival. Showing well, but far from easy to photograph due to the vegetation and cluttered background etc. Here's a few pics:







The Black Brant was also showing well. Bit of a bully as is often the case with this species:





1 comment:

  1. A bit rude,eh, what with Tit refs and Brants sticking tongues out! A Shrike impaling prey would have fitted nicely, I'm sure it's still there-until Spring,probably.

    ReplyDelete