Tuesday 7 April 2015

OSPREY on the River Axe

A quick post-work visit to the estuary was very worthwhile this evening. I saw the gulls on the estuary go up and Sue said they'd been doing it all day and it'd be nothing. Next thing all the Shelduck and Godwit went up too and I soon spotted an Osprey over the river! I rarely run for birds, but I sprinted to Tower Hide in the hope it wouldn't have caught a fish in the minute it takes to get there. As soon as I arrived I saw it heading in the opposite direction, with a large mullet in its talons. DAMN. I made myself feel pretty crap for a while too; I'm not in great health for running with my heavy camera gear, meant to be taking it easy and all that... I got a few snaps as it gained height; very distant shots, but I do love Ospreys so the bad pics will grace this blog none-the-less! Also congratulations to Sue and other Tim on their incredibly good fortune with the Osprey over the Bank Holiday weekend, they certainly got some special views. Well done both!

Apologies that the pics are a bit grainy; the bird was distant so they've been heavily cropped. But... LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT FISH!!!!!!!!








There were also 3 very smart Little Ringed Plover on Black Hole Marsh. Here's a pic of one of them:



I've also taken some rather interesting pics of Little Owl this evening; I'll post these soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment