Tuesday 20 October 2015

DAURIAN SHRIKE In Devon

Having never seen a Shrike in the UK, the opportunity to see a Daurian Shrike in my home county of Devon was too tempting to resist. I rarely twitch off patch but this was an exception. However, the day did not go to plan; not at all to plan. Cutting long story short, the trip cost me my car as well as possible damage to my camera gear (yet to be inspected fully) due to a serious error by another driver. Not only that, this happened on the way TO the bird, rather than the way back - the wait for the recovery truck and a car to pick me up was not an enjoyable one. So now I'm without a car and also disallowed from driving for 2 to 3 weeks due to the effects of medication prescribed to help pain relief for the injuries sustained.

The one positive from the trip is that I did eventually (and rather uncomfortably) connect with the target bird, albeit briefly before it went to roost.



2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your accident. Some lovely shots and hopefully they show your lens is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos, Tim - as usual; hope no lasting damage was done!

    ReplyDelete