Saturday 8 October 2016

Baird's Sandpiper

It's been pretty quiet on the birding front for me so far this month, primarily due to work having returned to 100+ hrs/week territory! In my absence there's been a couple of patch goodies this week; other Tim found a Turtle Dove midweek then a Great White Egret on the evening of 7th. I did manage to get out on patch briefly this afternoon; Ian Mc found 3 - 4 Ring Ouzels at Beer Head so I headed up for a look. It took 30 mins or so for one to appear but eventually Dave H and I had some excellent flight views of 2 together.

As I was 'in the area' on Thursday afternoon I thought it'd be worth a look around Davidstow Airfield for the lingering Baird's Sandpiper. I only saw it briefly before it started to get dark but the views were pretty good...


Fine dining

Checking out some of the poop on offer...

Very close approach to the car for this shot - I just sat and waited for the bird to come to me

Taken at Sunset in the last few seconds of direct Sunlight

2 comments: