Friday 17 February 2017

Dartford Warbler Singing

The other half had a day off work yesterday so I thought I'd drive us up to one of the local Commons for a picnic. The dog enjoyed some exercise and Nat saw her first Dartford Warbler! The bird was generally very elusive and only called once in the 2 hours we spent there. We probably would have had more success if we had been there at first light; there should definitely be more than just one bird at the site. Pics were taken from a fair distance and have been heavily cropped but they are the best I've managed of this species to date.






8 comments:

  1. Excellent shots. I'm guessing this is with the 50 pixel camera?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darran! These were on the 20 MP camera but I wish I'd taken the 50 MP as there was just about enough light. Next time...

      Delete
  2. 'Heavily cropped & distant'?? - look amazing to me Tim! Aylesbeare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! Detail held up okay when cropping but it gets grainy if you look too closely. Yep that's the place! Not much activity so I hope they're doing okay.

      Delete
  3. Lovely shot Tim,will be down there myself come Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul! Hopefully you have a good visit.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful captures of a Dartford Warbler

    ReplyDelete