Sunday 19 March 2017

Nice rear ends at Black Hole Marsh

17th:
A quick look over BHM and the estuary at around midday yielded nothing of interest initially. I chose the wrong moment to leave however as Len spotted 4 male Pintail land on the river a few minutes after I went to have a look around elsewhere. Fortunately Ian Mc relocated 3 of them on BHM from Tower Hide and then I relocated the 4th at the North end of BHM. They were still there when I left at 17:00 as was the lingering Grey Plover. As the light was fading 20+ Sand Martins flew over BHM but I still haven't managed to pick out a House Martin or Swallow amongst them. Other local news of interest is that Ian Mc had a Greylag on Bridge Marsh this morning and Bun had 7 male Wheatear on Beer Head at lunchtime. Spring migration has certainly picked up a notch.

3 of the 4 Pintail were still present at Black Hole Marsh on 18th.




No comments:

Post a Comment