Thursday 20 July 2017

Three Peaks Challenge & Mental Health

For bird updates please keep an eye on my Twitter feed to the right hand side of this page.

...................................................................................................................................................................

Here's a quick plug for a charity event I am taking part in next week; a small group of us are climbing 3 peaks to raise money for Young Minds Trust. Mental health issues suffered by young (and less young) people is something that everyone should know more about. I suspect many of my readers may have suffered personally or perhaps you've lost friends or family due to mental health issues. I have lost both.

I can write with a high degree of certainty that you will know someone, perhaps even someone very close to you, without realising the sort of battle that they go through each day. This could be a friend. This could even be a family member and yet you may never know, or at least not until things end.

Please have a look at the Young Minds Trust website for information on the great work they do.

We will be travelling on Monday 24th, climbing Ben Nevis on 25th, climbing Scafell Pike on 26th, climbing Snowdon and travelling back on Thursday 27th. Hopefully there'll be some birds to see during the walks; I will have a camera with me but not a 'wildlife' lens. With Black Hole Marsh looking so good there's a chance I may miss something good on patch but given that I'm away for such an important cause I can't be too annoyed by this.

If signal is good enough I'll do some mobile blogging with updates and pics from the walks.

We have a JustGiving page HERE. At the time of writing we are 97% of the way towards our target for the donations received via the site. I have also set up a text number to make it even easier to donate. Simply text KLAW98 £5 to 70070 to donate £5 to our page (you can change the value of the donation i.e. £1, £3, £10 etc). It would be great if we could exceed our target and raise as much money as possible to help other people.

JustGiving sends your donation straight to Young Minds and it is a quick and safe way to donate. Please be generous if you are able. Many thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment