Monday 7 August 2017

Cattle Egret pics and Patch Update

At least 2 Cattle Egrets are still with us and have been showing well at times. One flew over the tram track and didn't come out the other side so I had a look in the tree (approx 120 ft away)...





Also of interest recently was a flock of 24 juvenile Black-tailed Godwits on the estuary early morning on the 5th; there was a total of 52+ including the adults and a couple more juveniles on Black Hole Marsh. Unfortunately it looks as though nearly all of the flock of juvs left us and continued on.

I also had a snipe fly in on the 4th.

Tonight (6th) I finally found a juvenile Yellow-legged Gull. It arrived well after sunset so it's a good job the camera can 'see' better than my eyes can otherwise I wouldn't have been able to ID it. This is my first of the Autumn and also the first I've found here; I'm spending more time on gulls now whereas I used to pretty much ignore them. Quite a lot more learning to do in this area mind you... A 2nd gull flew in which I think may have been another YLG. I've popped a video grab over to our patch gull expert Steve in case he can work out what it is; it was pretty dark at the time so high ISO made for bad video footage!

No comments:

Post a Comment