Thursday 3 May 2018

Swifts back in Colyton and another missed Osprey

It's always nice to see Swifts back in Colyton! The 1st of May was the day I saw my first of the year but I've been seeing a few birds regularly over the town since then. We normally get a few pairs breeding in town so hopefully some more will join them.

The patch had another Osprey today seen first by Phil I think; it was here for much of the afternoon and early evening. I went out at the soonest opportunity (work rather busy currently) and missed it by 5 mins when it flew off north! Thanks to Brendan and Mark for the updates none-the-less. It was a shame to miss it. I don't really like posting old pics but the last two posts were image free and this isn't going to be a third!

Only other birds of note from me were 6 Whimbrel from Coronation Corner this evening.

Osprey over the River Axe 08-09-2017

No comments:

Post a Comment